10/10: connecting around the world

As I was sitting at dinner this evening with Chris I said that I wasn't sure what I was going to write about for my good thing today. It wasn't a terrible day; it was just so very busy that I'm not sure I noticed much or gave myself a chance to enjoy anything that came my way. (For instance, I did register to myself that the sky was strangely bright and the clouds exceptionally luminous as I was walking to my car at the end of the day--but I was so set on leaving campus that I didn't pause to let that glory sink in.) But then I read a postcard I received via postcrossing.com: it was from an art teacher in Finland who constructed a wonderful handmade card with a bunch of pictures from her daily life--I felt that she really showed me part of her life and personality. And then I logged on to this site to record that goodness, and I found a comment waiting for me from Sam, whom I've not met in person but with whom I've exchanged some lovely snail mail recently. Here's to the wonder of meeting people across the globe through a combination of the internet and the good old-fashioned postal service!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A good thing from my day was having a nice experience in the DYD group :-) and getting to read your blog!