11/25: sparkling sisters

When we moved last year we settled into a house on a lane which has no streetlights. It's amazing how many more stars we can see here than we could in our old house in town (which isn't really that far away--so a little distance from city-lights makes a bigger difference than I would have thought). Tonight the Pleiades were twinkling more than I've ever seen before. Even though Chris is still majorly under the weather (and that's a major understatement), we took our new telescope outside to star-gaze for a few minutes.

1 comment:

Wolfidy said...

My good thing for the day actually happened in the time most people consider the middle of the night, but since it's after midnight, I count it as the 25th.

My awesome husband saved me from having a huge panic attack by waking up and getting rid of some bugs that had made their way into my muffin tin, which I needed to make the surprise muffins I was mostly done making. He didn't complain or anything...just did it when I ran into the bedroom and woke him. Now he will have fresh, made from scratch muffins for breakfast in a few hours.

(P.S.: I Found you while wandering around postcrossing! :D)