11/26: tiger lily's autumn jaunt

I call my kayak Tiger Lily because her color reminds me of the flower--and also (I'll admit) because of the Native American princess in Peter Pan. I haven't gone out on the lake in awhile; it's been chilly, and I've been busy. But classes were cancelled today as part of Thanksgiving break and the weather was mild, so as Chris was resting this afternoon I took Tiger Lily for a spin. We're in late autumn--the trees are bare and everything is more gray and brown than orange and red. As I paddled along my usual course I definitely felt like I was getting to know the lake in a new mood and different guise.

1 comment:

Wolfidy said...

<3 for Peter Pan!
Glad you had a good time Kayaking.

Today I went to my husband's promotion ceremony and they let me pin his new rank on him! It was kind of scary 'cause I had to march around with them and stuff, but I'm glad I did it. =D)