12/17: a surprise letter

There were a number of good things about today: we weren't iced in; I had my last meetings of the semester; we had dinner with a friend at a local restaurant. But a truly unanticipated good thing was waiting for me in my mailbox when I returned home: a hand-written letter from a fellow 19th-century-British-novel enthusiast. (She's actually more than an enthusiast in that she teaches British literature at the college level.) In any case, she got my address from sendsomething.net and sent me a great note and Christmas card.

1 comment:

Wolfidy said...

My good thing for yesterday was also mail-related. My Sister-in-law sent my Christmas present...but it was unmarked, so I opened it early. Turns out it was a video game at the top of my list! Can't wait to start playing it today!