1/28: postcards from a former student

I don't often receive personal or interesting mail at my office. But every now and then something arrives that isn't a piece of inter-campus paperwork or a textbook catalog. Today I got two postcards from the same former student; both are art postcards from a recent museum trip she took. I love receiving art postcards, and it's especially fun to get postcards from her because last year she was the only person who noticed that I change the postcards on my office bulletin board each month to make them match the colors in my wall-calendar's illustration for that month. At the start of each month she used to come into my office, observe the new selection of cards, and point out her favorites. It seems so sweet to have her contributing postcards to the collection now.

No comments: