1/30: tom bihn bag

I have used a backpack for years to ferry my belongings between home and office. I used to use a messenger bag, but it hurt my shoulder and my back. In December I realized that my old backpack no longer looked respectable (and, indeed, hadn't for some time). The search for a new bag began. I couldn't find a backpack that I liked. My old one was a saddle-bag of sorts that--when it was in its prime--managed not to look completely out of place for a grown-up professional (or someone trying to be a grown-up professional). I couldn't find something similar this time around. After a lot of hunting, I discovered Tom Bihn's large cafe shoulder bag. I ordered a special strap that magically cuts down on the stress to my shoulder and back. All in all, I really like this bag. I got one in unadventurous brown, but maybe I'll try a different color soon. It's smaller than my old bag, which forces me not to bring too much work home. And I think it's vegan-friendly, too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, nice! I am trying to wean myself off leather, but it's hard, especially for shoes.

RR said...

I agree, kikipotamus! I have some vegan shoes, but I can't find good ones for dress shoes, for instance.... So I'm always glad when I can find a good substitute for some other product that uses leather, like a bag.

Anonymous said...

Sanita has a very nice line of vegan clogs/shoes.