2/8: a smile from a stranger

When you buy a pack of gum or a candy bar at my grocery store, the cashier sets it down in a different place--so that you can put it right in your purse or pocket instead of having it packed with all the other groceries. Today the woman in front of me in the check-out line forgot to pick up the candy she had bought. I called out so that she wouldn't lose her goody. She turned and started to be very apologetic until I explained that I wasn't annoyed with her at all: I simply wanted to make sure she got her sweet. And then she flashed me a big smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hagendazz ice cream with roasted sugared slivered almonds and a little maple syrup on top.. and 2nds are wonderful also

RR said...

That's a lovely good thing! And in solidarity I just went to my refrigerator and had a spoonful of Haagen-Dazs myself (no joke)!

Anonymous said...

giving all my concerns, conflicts, dilemas to spirit and getting out of the way... so grateful for this