2/9: a well-placed post-it

I won't lie: I've been having a hard time lately. I don't want to write much about it here (since this blog is a happy place), but things at work and home have been running me ragged. I have two more action-packed days before things can (with any luck) return to a more normal pace--so there is light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm nevertheless exhausted and also (alas) coming down with a cold. Sigh.

However, all this not-so-good-ness is a set-up for today's delightfully good thing! I walked across campus mid-morning to get my cup of coffee and to drop my mail into the traditional blue post-box that sits just outside the campus center. I pulled the handle down to drop my mail in, and there it was, a pink post-it note stuck on the inside, and it simply said: "You are strong." I was tempted to take it as a talisman for my day, but then I realized that someone else might need that message today, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wondeful story R.R and i am sorry that things feel like a little too much right now... maybe the cold will afford a little down time.

my good thing is receiving clarity about an issue that had me a little tied in knots, and now i can proceed freely with my decision knowing that there is always a higher order involved.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow, this would make a great mission for the Joy Rebels. What angel put that there?

RR said...

Thanks, Elaine, for your sympathy, and I'm glad that your day yesterday included clarity!

And I had never heard the phrase "joy rebels" before, kikipotamus! I do feel like I need to return the cosmic favor and leave a post-it note there (or somewhere else) someday.....