3/15: a single student

I don't have much occasion to teach one student at a time, but today one of my very serious Etymology students missed the first part of class, and after class we found an empty room so that I could teach her the bit of the lesson which she missed--it wasn't something she would have been able to teach herself. It was such a pleasure to pitch myself for an audience of one: I could use a different tone, a different pace, adjust to her exact speed, answer all her questions. I know one-on-one teaching isn't always practical, but when there's a chance to do it, it's great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

an evening walk with to the park with 2 kids,2 grandkids all under 8, 1 wagon, 1stroller, 1grandma,one pseudo grandma, 1 young mom and a dog on a leash.

RR said...

Those evening walks are among the best to be had.