4/1: christmas continues

At Christmastime, my brother was in the midst of settling into a new home and a new job in a new-to-him part of the country, so he put gift-buying on hold until things had calmed down somewhat. Now we're the beneficiaries of his delayed gift-giving. In March (when I was visiting Chris in Nebraska) he sent us some pistachio and rose-water cupcakes as a present, and today I returned home to find an opera (Strauss' Die Frau ohne Schatten) on DVD from him. I think I like having Christmas pop up at unexpected times during the year.

4 comments:

e said...

calling the plumber to investigate the moldy smell in my kitchen sink i have asthma and it was affecting my breathing, he dx and repaired without any fanfare and i can breath freely again..ah the wonder of a clean clear breath..

RR said...

Clean air & plumbers are two good things!

e said...

merry christmas rebbeca... dont you love the unexpected, my partner, (who actually lives in canada, but is working in the middle east) called me at 5 am this morning and asked me to join him in cairo for a 2 week vacation once he retruns fom china in a week and a half...

RR said...

To Cairo, to Cairo!