8/22: saturday attitude

Earlier this week I wrote (happily) about how the run-up to the academic year was going more smoothly than usual. And it was--until Friday. Yesterday was taxing, and by the time we went to get pupusas, I really did need the comfort of comfort food. I went to bed more than a little frayed and more than a little dispirited. Not much of what was bothering me yesterday has changed today, except--crucially!--my attitude. Things seem lighter, brighter, and more do-able. What a difference sleep, cool air, and blue skies can make! In a few moments I'm going to head down to the lake with my kayak and enjoy a late-summer sunset on the water.

2 comments:

elaine said...

spent the day in ann arbor , always a pleasure

Barbara said...

It's always about attitude (perspective), isn't it?

Spent Saturday afternoon celebrating August birthdays. Ten-year-old grandson made the dessert - a birthday banana cream pie!