9/18: birds, deer, and beer

We live in a dry county, so if we want to buy beer, wine, or any other kind of alcoholic spirit, we need to drive about half an hour to a neighboring county. This evening we decided to go on a beer run. On the way down to Morgan I kept admiring the numbers of birds sitting on the utility wires along the roadside: it's been raining pretty steadily for the past few days, but today was relatively dry, so I guess the birds were enjoying some time out in the open en masse. And as we pulled up our driveway after our liquor-store trip, we saw two deer jump from the yard into our woods. I hadn't seen deer around the house for some time, so I'm glad to know they're back.

2 comments:

el said...

they were able to save the kittys leg, he is home, casted from hip to tippy toe, contained and relatively content except when he has to move. we are all so relieved

RR said...

Oh, Elaine, I'm glad he's okay, but I'm so sorry that he has to wear a cast....