9/21: bloggiversary and celebratory cake

A year ago today I started this blog. I've posted every day that I've been home and a fair number of times when I've been traveling, too. I think it has made a difference in how I approach my days: though I can still be melancholy, morose, and negative at times, I really (really) like knowing that I'll have to shake those feelings off each day at least long enough to acknowledge something good and write about it.

Last night we baked a cake so that we could celebrate the blog's anniversary with chocolate cake for breakfast. We had to use whole wheat flour because we were out of regular flour, and we also decided to try baking with Splenda for the first time. The cake didn't look anything like it usually does, but when we each had a piece for breakfast this morning it was delicious nonetheless.

Here's to a good start to the day!

2 comments:

elaine said...

happy anniversary!!!

a very long afternoon nap... delicious

Barbara said...

I didn't realize your blog was so "old" - how wonderful!