9/24: eating LA-style at home

We've been eating out a lot (too much) recently, a function of being busy and hungry and not going grocery shopping frequently enough. But today we cooked dinner at home, and it was so nice to eat our food at our table. And it was one of my favorite meals: a shell pasta salad with spinach, green onions, lemon juice, garlic, and feta cheese. When I lived in Los Angeles I used to order this salad every time I went to the restaurant at Rita Flora. Arkansas is a far cry from La Brea Avenue, but I like the fact that this little bit of my LA life is transportable.

2 comments:

Meri M said...

… I was driving to work in the morning with a perfect pink horizon right in front of me when all of a sudden I entered the fog with pink background and with red car lights glowing like they were devil's eyes, and I thought to myself »surely, this is what hell looks like«… and I drove on from the highway to the parking lot, opened the door and was greeted by the sound of birds' singing in the trees above me, so loud there could have been hundreds of them, only I could not see even one, and I thought again »this is like the garden of eden«…

RR said...

Hurray, Meri, for your Garden of Eden moment!