1/1: new & (very) old

Today has been a quiet day, as Chris is recovering from his cold and I'm recovering from a somewhat sleepless night. In the afternoon, as we watched movies, I learned two new-to-me embroidery stitches, which was fun. And this evening Chris and I have been poking around on an ancestry-tracing website which provides a lot of public records. Not too long ago I posted about my almost complete lack of information about my Polish ancestors--but now we know some of their names and even where some of them lived in Poland! We could get as far back as one of my great-great-great-grandfathers, who was born in 1798.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just popping by to wish you a very happy new year, RR! I had the pleasure of a walk by the river in lovely sunshine this morning, and the nice thought of three days off work to potter around and do nothing in particular. Hope your year is wonderful!

Karin said...

I have been reading your wonderful blog for a while now, but sadly never left a comment. I wish you a very happy and healthy New Year, Rebecca! I hope we will keep in touch by occasional postcards - I always appreciate to hear from you!

RR said...

Hello, Sam & Karin, and thanks for coming by: happy new year to you both!

Barbara said...

Back to 1798? I am so impressed! - Barbara