12/21: unexpectedly warm

It was in the high 50s (and maybe even low 60s) today--and clear and bright. How wonderful!

The bees were flying, and so that they wouldn't forage in vain, we poured out some of their own honey for them to take back to their hives. Only fair, given that they made it in the first place, yes? I love watching them come to gather it up, sip and bit by sip and bit. I realized today that I truly am a bee-keeper: as I spread the honey out, the bees were buzzing all around me, and though I wasn't in a bee-suit I wasn't nervous at all.

And I couldn't resist the chance to head out on the water on such a lovely day, so the afternoon found me on the lake. I saw only one other boat. Otherwise, it was me, the birds, and some dogs running along the shore. Fantastic.

2 comments:

sparrow said...

So, I just decided this morning that this is EXACTLY what I've been missing. I needed the goal of one good thing everyday. So, today is my first day. And I decided to order organic food delivery once a week from local farms. It makes me happy that you have this blog and allow other people to comment on it! Thanks, and good luck on your one good thing a day quest!

RR said...

Hello, sparrow, and thanks for stopping by! Your organic delivery sounds great, and I send you best wishes for your own daily-good-thing venture!