1/19: amazing mail

It was one of those great mail days! I got 8 pieces of "real" mail from real people. Here's a round-up:
- a list of someone's 10 favorite songs of 2009
- a note from someone who had contemplated going back to school and is now enrolled at a college for the spring semester
- a postcard featuring the Temppeliaukio underground church in Helsinki ("underground" as in literally under the ground, not as in renegade or secret)
- a postcard with an image of a skeletal Quixote by José Guadalupe Posada
- a postcard with a truly androgynous fairy (why shouldn't fairies be androgynous?)
- a (luminous) postcard with a (luminous) poem by Yeats
- a notecard with some beautiful Indian art on it (Indian as in the Asian sub-continent, not Native American)
and...
- a postcard from the Netherlands with a drawing of a sweet pink pig and the inscription Mag ik je geluksvarkentje zijn? (which means, Can I be your lucky pig?)
Who would turn down a lucky pig?

2 comments:

Barbara said...

My good thing was that I got to level 50 before I missed a word on http://freerice.com - Barbara (Be careful, it's addictive.)

RR said...

Hi there, Barbara! It's been a long time (years, in fact) since I went to freerice.com, but after you mentioned it, I gave it a fresh visit. And you're right: I told myself I'd only do words for 10 minutes, but 10 minutes became 20 and then 30, and then even 40.... Thanks for prompting me toward some profitable entertainment!