1/2: time for a list

There's no single stand-out good thing for today, but it was far from a bad day. Here are some of the things that made me smile, made me happy, and/or made me grateful:
- sipping coffee as Chris and the cats slept
- learning about some Polish authors with Chris (the wonders of the www!) and choosing a Polish novel to read with him as one of our next "book club" books (we picked Cosmos by Witold Gombrowicz)
- receiving some excellent mail: a postcard in German, another postcard with a photo of a Pennsylvania Amish Quilt on it, and a card plus a letter from a sendsomething.net friend
- painting the trim around a window on the outside of our house (a chilly but long-overdue task)
- taking a warm shower after being outside; when the warm water ran out, I had the back-up relief of a hot-air fan in my bathroom (what creature comforts)
- watching the play of light at sunset; it's been such an amazing season so far for dramatic light on the ridge
- finishing a list of things that I wanted to get done today and yet still feeling like I've had a very leisurely day

No comments: