1/23: browsing, buying, & boggle

Chris and I went to buy fabrics this afternoon. I'm making new cushions for our indoor Adirondack chairs since the cats have irredeemably claimed the current cushions as their own. We found a great fabric (at the first store we visited, no less), and we also picked out some other pleasant pieces to make into cloth napkins. It's been too long since we've freshened up our napkin stash.

On the way home we stopped at a flea market we'd never been to before. I'm sometimes okay, sometimes not-so-okay, at poking around in places like that, but today I fared alright. And I was rewarded by finding an old (but complete) Boggle game, just like the one I had when I was a kid. I know I could have bought one new elsewhere, but I'm glad to have one that feels like it could have been mine all along. Chris also bought some stuff, including some locally made fudge--sweet!

3 comments:

credo said...

It did not rain today. It has been raining pretty steadily since November with only a couple of days of sunshine. Today was hot and muggy and the sky was cloudy and rather dismal but ... it did NOT rain. It will rain in the night though because I can smell it already ^_^

Ariane said...

Hey I`m from Germany First of all its a really cool ideas of you to do this site! So...my good thing today is happening right now cause here we can watch the charity show for haiti with all the singers from LA New York an London and I`m so emotionally affected right now and I`m happy o some spark of hope for these poor people over there! So I`m really glad to feel a sense of humanity, compassion and chairity! So that is righ now a good feeling for me. Wish you all the best! Ariane

RR said...

Hurray for credo's brief break from rain!

And hello, Ariane; I'm glad you got some global good feeling--it seems all too rare at times.