1/29: all about the snow

Snow and ice moved into the area overnight, and this morning we received word that all classes were cancelled for the day. Even if they hadn't been, we wouldn't have been able to drive in: our steep and curvy driveway is iced over. So the weekend started a day early, and we've had a leisurely time of it, working at various things without feeling rushed and taking time to relax.

We also took time to walk along the ridge amid the falling snow. Having grown up with long winters in Pennsylvania, I'm glad that snow is rare in Arkansas, but I guess I miss it enough that I always want to bundle up and go walking when it's here.

Last night we were craving a sweet and didn't have anything on hand, so we made a small, quick batch of rum balls. Today they seemed the perfect thing to snack on, since their covering of confectioner's sugar looks so like the world outside the windows.

3 comments:

Ariane said...

Hy
My good thing today: I was shopping today and suddenly I heard someone sing and it where two of the finalist of our suprtalentshow here in Germany. because they had a concert in my hometown this evening and so they wrote some signings for their fans :-) and I got two :-)
greetings
Ariane

Barbara said...

After two deaths this week (reported at http://demibrix.blogspot.com) I am happy to report something happy. My daughter & I plus 2 dogs drove to Tahoe to see snow for the first time in about four years. It's VERY deep and beautiful! - Barbara

RR said...

Thanks for coming by, Ariane, and for sharing!

And hello, Barbara--I'm sorry for the sadness in your week and for the passing of souls, but I'm glad that there was happiness, too, and that you and your daughter got to see some beautiful snow.