3/18: bees & book-binding

Yesterday was supposed to be a day of bee-keeping and book-binding, but it didn't quite work out. We were going to get up early and move the top-bar hive from its present location (on a friend's property) to our house; when the alarm rang, we were both feeling a little under the weather so we decided to go back to sleep. And later yesterday morning, since we weren't bee-keeping, I tinkered with some new-to-me book-binding techniques in an attempt to find something that I would want to teach in an ancient book-binding workshop at school at the end of the month. My tinkering ended with frustration, which was a first for me and book-binding.

Today was more fulfilling on both the bee front and the book-binding front! We moved the top-bar hive this morning without incident, and the bees are already flying around their new environs. And I figured out how to make a straightforward adaptation (using all easily available materials--no papyrus nor leather!) of a Nag Hammadi codex for the book-binding workshop. Hurray!

No comments: