3/26: senses

How wonderful to have them! Today they brought me:

The colors of the roadside bluets, our not-yet-opened-but-almost-ready-to-be-opened redbuds, and an escaped African violet.

The rich tones of my neighbor's windchimes.

The weight and softness of our cat Emma, curling up with me when I came home.

The pleasures of coffee with real cream (because I forgot to bring soymilk in my cup to the coffee shop), fried rice (my comfort food), and whipped bananas.

The almost unbelievably sweet air of spring, both indoors and out.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Ah, as great as all those are -- today I took my daughter to Muir Woods National Monument. Talk of senses - the largest redwood forest on the planet, running streams, ferns, birds, wildflowers... are you envious yet? - Barbara

RR said...

Ah, I'd like to go to the Muir Woods someday. For now I'll soak in our somewhat smaller trees.