3/27: book browsing

In this age of internet shopping I order most of my books online. It's convenient, but it means there are fewer happy, random discoveries; when I go online, I already know what I want. Today I went to a used bookstore in town before I had lunch, and it was fun to spend a little time just poking through the shelves. I got an anthology of 19th century women's utopian fiction, two poetry anthologies (since I'm gearing up for National Poetry Month in April), and a Thomas Hardy novel which I had never heard of but which seems based on the Pygmalion myth from Ovid. Great stuff!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I buy books online too and it makes me feel guilty as heck because I value the independents and that's not the way to support them. Fortunately even Amazon has links to used book stores and that's what I mostly buy, good condition used books. But what I really want is a Kindle and that's the least pc of all. It is so difficult to be a good citizen! - Barbara