3/3: on the way to real

I applied for a grant to travel to London with 4 students this summer; once in London, everyone would work on their own research project and meet in a daily seminar to discuss their developing ideas. I've gotten word that my proposal has been accepted/funded, so now it's a matter of making things happen: students need to apply, rooms need to be reserved, etc. I thought about this program for quite some time, imagining its ins and outs, its benefits and challenges--now it's both happy and strange to move it from my mind to the external world.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Congratulations, RR! That's fabulous news.

RR said...

Thanks, Sam! I'm really excited about it, and I think the students are getting excited, too, as they are putting together their project proposals. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.