3/31: penultimate & positive

It was the second-to-last short-story reading/discussion meeting of the year today. There was a large group, and the students shared interesting thoughts and impressions: always a good thing. (We were talking about a story I find somewhat painful, "Dragon Dreams" by Sara Maitland.)

And on Monday I told myself (and Chris) that it was going to be "a very positive week." I'm not sure I completely succeeded in making Monday & Tuesday entirely positive, but today I did much better at it, and I could feel the difference.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi - Are your settings different now? I'm asking because when I click to read the comments, the blue type may read "2 comments" - but I only see one - my own! You often respond to what I write so I suspect I'm missing your messages. Everything is okay through 3/24, then it switches.

Meri M said...

... I explained to my 4-yo daughter that we will be helping a sick girl to get some money by collecting plastic bottle stoppers/covers in our house just like people over the country - and she asked me: "But Mommy, how will she get money from the stoppers?" I never know which aspect will draw my child's attention first...

Barbara said...

Cute story!

RR - Whatever it was, it's fixed now and your messages are coming through. So that's my good thing! - Barbara

RR said...

Hello, Barbara, and I'm glad it's working! We must be on the computer at about the same time right now....

And hello, Meri! I do love how/when someone asks a question from an unanticipated angle or about an unexpected detail. I don't have children, but I do find that with my students, a nice reminder that other people see/hear/process in different ways. The contours of their world are slightly different than mine....?