4/16: pre-weekend relief

I don't have allergies, but this spring even people without allergies are having a terrible time with the Arkansas pollen. Objectively speaking, the pollen here is a pretty amazing phenomenon: you can SEE it, a yellow dust over everything. I'd never experienced that in other places I've lived. The downside of such palpable pollen is the effect it has on one's body, and this week I've been laid kind of low (as have a record number of people in the area). Today I'm feeling a little better, and I went to the doctor's office this afternoon to get some reinforcements in case I start back-sliding over the weekend.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Last spring/summer was especially bad here in Perth, too. I sympathise with you, as I was on hay fever tablets for at least six months.

You would love the dazzling yellow flowers of our native acacia wattle tree, but bring plenty of hankies if you want to come and check them out!

RR said...

Hi, Sam--I have an Australian student, and as I was suffering this week she mentioned the wattle trees, too!

Sam said...

Another coincidence :-)