4/25: comfort

Earlier this year I wrote how Burnett's Making of a Marchioness kept me good company during an under-the-weather weekend. Today I wasn't exactly under the weather, but I kept having to rest because some of my muscles were acting up in a not-so-happy way. And I was lucky to have a great book to keep me company this time, too: I'm nearing the end of Forster's Room With a View, and it just makes me so very happy to read it. I think I put off reading it for so many years because I had seen the film (which I enjoyed), and now I can't believe I've deprived myself of the pleasure for so long. But maybe it's a good thing that I had it in waiting for just such a day as this?

3 comments:

Fiona Webster (melusina on swap-bot) said...

Here's my good thing for the day: I got you as my send-to partner for the April Diary Postcards swap on swap-bot, which enabled me to discover "one good thing" blog. =smile+

Fiona said...

[correction]

...which enabled me to discover your "every day, one good thing" blog. =smile=

RR said...

Hello, Fiona, and thanks for stopping by! I'll look forward to receiving your postcards and hearing about your week....