5/18: better timing today

I'm teaching a 3-week summer-school session right now, and I haven't taught a summer-school course in over a decade. I'm a little rusty on how to prepare each day of summer class so that it's the equivalent of a full week of semester class meetings. For the past two nights I've been preparing later into the evening than is conducive to restful slumber, but today I managed to get a handle on things and I might be able to catch up a little on lost sleep (plus have time to sweep the floor before I go to bed).

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Uh, summer school in the middle of May?? Does the semester begin in July?

RR said...

I know, Barbara; it's a little crazy. We finished the semester on Friday, and the college is squeezing in a 3-week term right away--the hope is that the quick turn-around will still give students plenty of time to find summer jobs and earn money (or do other summery things) before we begin again in the fall.