6/14: old-fashioned therapy

I was annoyed this morning, and I had set myself the task of cleaning out our screened-in porch area. The porch accumulates a lot of dust and pollen--so the furniture in it needed to be sprayed down with the power-washer, and the floor needed to be cleaned. I wasn't annoyed at the job, but I wasn't always embracing it with a fully happy spirit since I was preoccupied with the other things which were annoying me. Then I got down on my hands and knees to scrub the floor, and the sheer satisfaction of getting rid of some of the dirt made me feel a whole lot better, and most of my annoyance got washed away, too.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

If you're in need of more therapy I have some cleanup projects over here you can work on....

I know, I know, it does feel good to do the mundane now and then.

RR said...

I think I need to remember the therapeutic power of labor next time I get in a snit. It certainly helped me out yesterday!