6/15: coincidence

I called a colleague in Classics at another college today. We are in touch occasionally by email, but we hadn't talked since last summer. We chatted about options for Latin texts and the possibility of meeting up this summer--and then he mentioned that he's looking forward to getting an iPad. I said, "So am I." He said, "Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow." I said, "So is mine." He said, "FedEx is estimating delivery by 10:30 a.m." I said, "Same for mine!" Our iPads probably came on the same plane from Hong Kong to Alaska to Memphis before heading to our separate states! It was fun to discover we are iPad buddies as well as Classics buddies.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

That's a funny story -- I'm laughing through my jealousy! I'll be curious how you like it.

RR said...

The iPad did arrive on schedule, and it's pretty interesting. But I'm slow to adapt to new devices, so it'll take me some time to make it feel like my own (and an integrated part of my life). I downloaded the Kindle app so I can try reading e-books, and I also downloaded a Zen sand garden app for relaxation and fun. My hope is that it'll be easier to deal with an iPad during my travels next month than my laptop, so that'll be the real test.