7/10: honey-colored

My new Converse hi-tops! For years I've gotten the classic white Chuck Taylors, and whenever one pair wears itself beyond the bounds of respectability, I get another. I've flirted off and on with the idea of getting colored ones--maybe blue, maybe maroon--but have never taken the plunge. Until now. The "honey" color caught my eye in the store, and though they didn't have my size, I ordered a pair online, and they arrived today. They are just swell, a really lovely hue. And how perfect for a bee-keeper. An extra niceness: the folks at Baggins Shoes (where I ordered them) were very friendly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best thing about today was I baked yeast rolls, banana nut crumb muffins, garlic knots and a yummy ham and cheese loaf in a homemade mustard bread. I love it when I have lots of good things in the freezer for my kids to enjoy while I have my feet up.

RR said...

All these goodies sound amazing--your children are so lucky to have such great food on hand!