7/14: two unexpected things

Today has included (or will include) two happy things I didn't plan on.

In the afternoon I set myself to go through an act or two of Shakespeare's Henry VIII (I had started it on Monday), and Chris said that he'd listen and follow along with me as we played a CD of the play and read the text at the same time. We got through act 2 and 3, then 4, and then 5. It's done! I still have the "new" Shakespeare (The Double Falsehood) to go, but my project with the canonical works is over. I've read, watched, or listened to all the plays in my Pelican Shakespeare.

And we've had too much rainy weather with threats of thunderstorms recently for me to be kayaking much (alas). Today, though, I think it'll be clear enough to go onto the lake around sunset. In a few minutes I'm going to suit up and get ready. It'll feel good to be on the water again.

No comments: