7/7: contact & copies

Two things for today.

A friend from college lives in London, and I haven't seen him in years and years. The last time I was travelling to London I was too nervous and self-conscious to connect with him, and I almost let that happen again. But today I sent him a note (thanks, Facebook) and have already heard back from him. I think the meet-up will be a reality.

I spent the afternoon at school making photocopies of readings to go on electronic reserves for my Gender Studies class this fall. It's my first time teaching the course, and there were a lot of decisions to be made about what to read. (Truth be told, there are still some decisions yet to be made.) However, much of the course is set now, and I really like how it's turning out. It felt good to photocopy texts that I'm really excited to teach--another reality taking shape.

No comments: