8/18: installed

In two senses:

I now feel (re)installed in my office for the school year after I spent a good part of today cleaning it and organizing it.

This evening I installed a new Unicode Greek font on my school computer. I'm not excited about learning a new keyboard layout, but this Unicode version has more flexibility than the old Greek font that I've been using (and loving) for years, so I guess it really is time for a change. The directions for installing the font were fairly complex since it involved installing a keyboard as well as a font and removing a whole bunch of Microsoft Word shortcuts that would interfere. I'm pretty pleased with myself that I did it without help (beyond the instruction manual). No tears or plaintive calls of "Chris, would you mind helping me with this?" And I just typed up the first Greek hand-out of the new school year using the new font.

No comments: