8/20: reminder/reaffirmation

I worked in my campus office this morning and most of the afternoon, trying to get some syllabuses written (two down, one to go). Then I came home, pushed papers in my home office, and made dinner with Chris. After that it was time for me to do my daily dose of Martial translation. It felt so nice to sit down to some Latin--and it's nice to have such an indicator at this time of year, a reminder amidst the bureaucratic whirlwind that it really does make sense for me to teach Latin, that I feel good spending time with with the language. I'm really looking forward to the start of classes, when the bureaucracy will settle down and the classroom content will be in the ascendent.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Hey Rebecca -- I think I found a website with your name on it! Have you seen savetheword.org? I adopted "locavore" because it legitimately is part of my spoken vocabulary - I really do use it - and it's endangered!

Barbara said...

Oops! I'm glad I caught this before you blogged. It's plural: savethewords.org

RR said...

Thanks, Barbara! I just went to the site & enjoyed its layout a lot. My favorite word there so far: frutescent.