8/30: good people, and good mail from good people

Not great news today: my biopsy from last week showed some troubles, and I need to go in for a surgical biopsy in 2 weeks. But--here's the good thing, I promise--some comfort came in the form of friends, far and wide. My best friend at work took a walk with me to the bookstore; she didn't have to (and she probably didn't have the time to), but she volunteered, and I was glad for company. Chris is, of course, wonderful and kind. And the mail brought treats and treasures: postcards from strangers, mail-art (and words of appreciation for my own work) from a mail-acquaintance, and music and candy from my brother. We split one of the candies for dessert, an almond Utah Truffles candy bar, and it was one of the best candy bars I have ever had--coming from me, that probably means something!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh, dear. I hope all turns out to be a fall alarm. I'm thinking healthy thoughts....

RR said...

Thanks, Barbara. I'm trying to tell myself that there's no point worrying now; there's nothing I can do until I know more. But some hours I am more successful at not worrying than others. Healthy thoughts are appreciated!

Barbara said...

Do you have my email address? bfbrannon@aol.com I'm an expert (unfortunately) on some of these things (!) if you want to unload out of the public eye.

RR said...

Thanks, Barbara, I really (really) appreciate that.