8/4: colors & a crush

I've been in one of my color-craving moods lately. It sounds weird--given that I'm always surrounded by color--but sometimes I want to touch color. Last time I felt like this I bought inexpensive acrylic paints and made a bunch of paint blot designs which I converted into cards for friends and family. Today I indulged my yearning by buying some cheap oil pastels and soft pastels, just for goofing. Truth be told, I wouldn't even know how to start using them in the "correct" way, but I'm looking forward to getting into the colors.

And I feel yet again amazingly lucky with my book-reading choices; I seem to be on such a good streak. This time it's A Long, Long Time Ago and Essentially True by Brigid Pasulka, and I'm hooked. As soon as I put it down I want to pick it up again.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Be careful about that color stuff. Next thing you know you'll be teaching arts and crafts at Juvenile Hall and then offering art journaling classes in the community. Color is addictive!

RR said...

Oh, yes, the colors they are glorious! And if they lead me to doing things that are half as good as the things you do, Barbara, I'll count myself lucky.