9/6: rest worked!

I caught a nasty cold last week, and by Friday I had pretty much realized that the long weekend would be spent recuperating (and I was glad to have a long weekend for it). I usually have a hard time resting when I'm not feeling well (or so Chris says), but this time I really did it. Early to bed on Friday, and take-it-easy days on Saturday and Sunday. Today I felt well enough to get some work done, and I did it expeditiously enough that I even had time to tinker with photos on my computer this afternoon, order some postcard prints of them, and go kayaking on the lake this evening. I had resigned myself to the fact that I would miss out on holiday kayaking, so I was especially delighted to squeeze some in.

4 comments:

Rados said...

I've heard today in work that my boss'es wife born a son, a healthly son!

Barbara said...

Keep getting well!

RR said...

Thanks, Barbara! I am getting better.... This happened last year at about the same time--I think my body has to readjust to being in contact with so many people (and germs) at school.

RR said...

And here's best wishes at the arrival of a new Being, announced by Rados!