10/21: cookies & coffee

I telecommuted today because we had workmen at the house, installing a new HVAC system. (My students were turning in papers today, so it wasn't terribly bad for me not to be there--they could just slip them under my office door.) I had a mostly quiet day at home; the low-level construction-y noise in the background wasn't distracting. But what was distracting (in a fun way) was having day-long access to our coffee machine and to a batch of cookies we had made. It would be dangerous to do this work-from-home thing too often, but today it was a nice (and tasty) change of pace.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Was it a jammie day too? That's my very favorite! Oh, I guess with workers around you had to get dressed. Sorry.

RR said...

Though I made myself presentable with the workmen around, I wore a comfortable shirt and sweat pants--so as close as you can get to jammies without wearing jammies!