10/26: a handful of things

Our Peter Pan reading/discussion group meetings today went really well. The only regret is that because so many students signed up (which is a good thing!), Chris and I had to split into two smaller groups, with each of us leading one, so we didn't get to spend the time together, as well.

I took some honey to school today for my building's housekeeper (her grandfather used to keep bees, and she was reminiscing about it), and she was so happy to get a jar of ours. It made it a special pleasure to give it.

I unexpectedly finished a round of Gender Studies grading before class today, so it's not hanging over me for the next few days.

And a friend from Little Rock came up to campus for a poetry reading this evening. I decided not to go to the reading, but she, Chris, and I had a chatty dinner together beforehand.

No comments: