10/30: on & off my beaten track

I did a lot of around-town chores today. One of the chores was going to the post office, which I've been meaning--and needing--to do for two weeks, but which I've had trouble working in. As I was driving here and there, I was feeling the satisfaction of being mobile and of getting things done.

I managed to find time for some not-so-task-like things, too. I put on my boots and walked around in the lake-bed to see what I could see. (They've drained the lake this month, and it's been strange to drive by it in its diminished state every day.) The mud was thick and soft in some places, and it's a good thing my boots go up to my knee! At home, I experimented with photographing light reflected onto color paper. I think it'll need more experimentation (and more knowledge of my new camera's settings) before I get results I absolutely like, but it's something I've been meaning to try for a long time, so I'm glad I finally gave it a go.

No comments: