10/31: designing time

I took part of the morning and dedicated it to designing this year's holiday postcard. (I know if I wait much longer, things will get too busy at the end of the semester & making a card will be an added stress rather than a pleasure). I really like the result of my computer tinkering (though it feels immodest to say so!), but I don't know if it's going to print properly. I uploaded it to my print service and ordered some test copies--here's keeping my fingers crossed that the print version is true enough to what I saw on my screen.

Regardless of the printed result, the good thing is that I enjoyed the time as I worked on getting the image and effect that I wanted to emerge. Usually when I sit down to digitally tinker with photos, I'm not aiming at anything consciously--I try different things and see what comes of them. Today was different: I had something in mind, and I wasn't sure if I could actually effect it. I came pretty darn close, and there was real pleasure in that.

No comments: