11/8: a confectionary touchstone

Sometimes I get to know students through extra-curricular activities but never teach them in a class. There's one such student who has been abroad for the past two semesters. Today in the cafeteria I suddenly thought of her because the dessert on offer was a kind of cookie she really, really likes, and I remembered her telling me about them. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed our occasional interactions until the cookies jogged my memory. I hope she's having a great time abroad, and I'll look forward to seeing her next semester. In the meanwhile, it's nice to have such a sweet association for the cookies.

2 comments:

Katrin said...

Hi, I'm Katrin from Germany. We've just met on Postcrossing (koenigkallewirsch61) and that's where I've got this link from. I do not understand everything you write but from now on I will have a look now and then. Right now (you're still sleeping, I suppose) it's early in the morning in Germany, kids are gone to school and I do enjoy the quiet house. This morning, after a weekend full of work, I will do exclusively things I like: drinking coffee, reading, learning Icelandic a.s.o.! I wish you a wonderful start in the new week, friendly people all around you, and lots of good moments and things. Katrin

RR said...

Hi, Katrin, and thanks for your good wishes. I hope you really did have a morning filled with all (and only) things you truly like!