3/15: a gathering of good things

I made it through a day which seemed like it was going to be tough since I had a troubled night of sleep (or non-sleep).

I got to talk about Hesiod in Myth class. It's not a great time of the semester to be starting a difficult new author with the students, but he is one of my favorites, and I hope I helped them to see why the world he presents is an interesting and strange one.

As I drove up the driveway at the end of the day, I saw the forsythia and bridal wreath blooming at the bottom of the hill below our house. Chris planted these bushes, and they remind me of my childhood in vivid ways.

I walked into the house and was greeted with the welcome smell of cooking. Chris had started making dinner.

We're talking about Guy Billout's Thunderbolt & Rainbow in my Myth & Children's Literature class tomorrow. It's an intriguing book, and I'm grateful to be spending time with it this evening.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Well, it's been a horrible week on several fronts. The last straw was when my online account was hacked and hundreds -- literally hundreds -- of people received prurient ads from me. (You may have too, in fact.) I didn't send it but the fallout has been horrendous -- strangers were angry and thought I'd done it, not realizing I was a victim.

The antidote is to change your password. Well, I couldn't correctly answer the security question (What is the name of your school?) because I've been to countless schools - I love the classroom! - and didn't know where we were living when the password was set. I was cut off three times for too many incorrect responses.

My good thing today is that Bingo! I tried one more school and it worked! I changed my password so I won't be hacked any time soon and I changed the security question figuring I'll probably be able to remember where I was born.

My apologies to you if you received the obnoxious e-mail. It really wasn't from me!

RR said...

Oh, Barbara, I'm so sorry for your bad week! It sounds definitely un-fun, and I can't believe that people didn't realize that the message wasn't from you and that there's no way it could be your fault.

I did get one, but my filter caught it so I didn't even take notice of it until you mentioned it....

In any case, I'm sending good wishes for better days your way!