6/15: holding steady & jumping high

Our cat Wilkie is having some health challenges, and I took him to the vet today for a check-in. The doctor says that although some things can't be decisively cured, Wilkie's doing well and his conditions are, it seems, being managed successfully for now.

Our other cat Emma feels perhaps a little neglected while Wilkie is getting so much medical attention. Today I made a new string toy for us to play with. It's not elaborate: just a piece of string tied onto a long dowel. I hold the dowel and move the string around, and Emma jumps to catch it. He was glad for the fun.

4 comments:

Meri M. said...

... learning this morning that my boss is leaving - which is not a good news - and that he didn't even say a thing about it to his coworkers - which is a bad news - and that there is another person getting that job - which is worse news, because it should have been me - and that the management obviously didn't even consider asking me about it orelse I would have been called in - which is the worst news - but there is GOOD thing in this whole situation: I don't want that place and I don't even want to work here anymore, and realizing that is liberating - even in times of crisis when there is not perspective for another good job...

RR said...

Hello, Meri--I'm glad that there's some good & some clarity to come of the situation. Brava to you for finding it!

Barbara said...

Uh... Emma is a boy? Is that a typo?

RR said...

Hi, Barbara--Emma is a boy. When we named him we thought he was a she. Because he had already started to respond to the name, we kept it after we found out. Strangely, one of the women at our vet has a friend who did the same thing to her cat with the same name, so across town there's another boy-cat named Emma.