6/27: another abstract

In March I had an abstract accepted for presentation at the Children's Literature Association annual conference this June. It turned out that I couldn't attend: because our dear cat Wilkie now needs regular medication and attention several times a day, Chris and I didn't want to be out of town simultaneously, and the conference was scheduled during his stay in Portugal. Although I was a little disappointed in a vague way not to be going to the conference, I'm not at all regretful about my decision--it definitely was the right thing to hold down the fort with Wilkie and Emma.

There are some silver linings. The theme for next year's Children's Literature Association conference is an even better fit for me, so I'll apply for that when the time comes. And since I didn't have to write a paper in May, I worked on an abstract for another conference this fall, which again is a better fit for me. I found out today that it was accepted, and that was sweet news. I re-read my abstract this afternoon, and I really like it (if that's not too immodest to admit). I'm glad I'll have a chance to develop the abstract into a full-fledged paper.

2 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Wahoo, Rebecca. That's wonderful news. Fnding the best fit is so important. Glad this is all working out. Our best to you all, but special loves for Wilkie.

RR said...

Thanks, Sandy!