6/30: last tour, last listen (for now)

Since Chris returns today, my watering duties come to an end (though I've gotten a little fond of it so may take over from time to time). I finally got so used to the watering system, that I didn't need Chris' diagram to help me remember this or that tree. I did a last round of watering this morning, and, in a happy circumstance, as I finished watering I also finished listening to The Last Chronicle of Barset on my iPod.

Okay, my uses of "last" feel a bit ominous. There is something pleasing about my time without Chris (symbolized by the watering) drawing to a close at the same time that my long listen to Trollope's novel ended. But there's also a pleasure in knowing that these "lasts" are not entirely final. I can water the trees whenever I choose, and I'm sure I'll revisit Barsetshire many more times in Trollope's pages.

No comments: