7/16: twombly on my calendar

One of my favorite artists, Cy Twombly, passed away earlier this month. I have very strong memories of times spent with his monumental and amazing paintings, and I am sorry that he is no longer with us.

I was poking around on the Time Out London website today, trying to get an idea of what I'd like to do on my one non-work day in London next week. And--oh what fantastic luck--there is a Twombly/Poussin exhibit at the Dulwich Picture Gallery. I booked a ticket pronto, and I am so (so!) excited. (Honestly, the thought/anticipation of it makes my heart race and my eyes tear up...in a good way.)

2 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

What a great discovery. Yay for the Internet!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

RR said...

The internet really came through in this instance. I would have been so vexed if I had found out after-the-fact that the exhibit had been there but I hadn't known about it. So not only is there the excitement of going, but there's also the relief of not having missed it.