7/8: a conversation and an invitation

(I apologize in advance for posting another profession-related good thing. It's especially hard to write about job-related good things without sounding puffed up, so I apologize if I sound full of myself.) This afternoon I spoke on the phone with someone from the Council of Independent Colleges about my Trollope/Classics web project with students. As a result of our conversation she asked me to come to a conference next March and give a presentation. Sometimes I feel like my work is in a vacuum, and so I am very grateful for the support and interest shown by people in the wider educational arena.

2 comments:

Sandy Longhorn said...

Wahoo! That is great news. Big congrats!

RR said...

Thanks, Sandy. Things have definitely come together in happy ways for the Trollope project this summer; I've had things not come together before, so it's nice that the balance is tipping in the positive direction right now.