8/17: a surprise & a comfort

I gave the Latin placement test to the new students at school today. It's unfortunate that they have to take a test (even a low-stakes one) on their second day on campus, but they need to know what level of Latin they would fit into in our system. They're actually surprisingly good-natured about the whole affair, taking it in stride, and today's group was no exception. One student did outstandingly well on the test: the highest score anyone's ever received on it in my 12 years of giving it. He and his high-school Latin teacher should get big gold stars. And, happily, he thinks he will continue in Latin in college, so I look forward to seeing him in future classes. (Disclosure: I love students no matter how good or not good their Latin is. It was just a special delight to meet someone with such finely honed Latin skills so young.)

And since I'll be back in the office on a regular basis, I needed to stock up on my favorite blueberry coffee. I got some today and am enjoying a cup right now at home before I take it all to work tomorrow morning. I like keeping it at work so that it's a pleasure associated with my office in particular.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blueberry coffee!? Wow sounds wonderful, I'm going to have to go looking for that now.

April

RR said...

Hi, April--I don't always like coffees with non-coffee flavoring, but I love the combination of coffee & blueberry. If you give it a try, I hope you'll enjoy it!